March 2, 2012
Dear Child Care Provider,
Please be sure to review the following information carefully so that you understand these requirements. If you have any questions, please contact us at the information provided below. Previous In/Out Transactions
- DCFS will begin conducting reviews to assess the use of the Previous In and Previous Out process. Previous In and Previous Out transactions are only to be used in specific instances. The Previous In and Previous Out process was developed to allow parents to accurately record the time for school children and to be used in the case of an emergency. Failure of the parents to properly utilize the process may affect your payments. It is your responsibility to ensure that parents or their designees are scanning their children in when arriving and out when leaving care.
The attached letter may help you to communicate with parents about their responsibilities regarding previous in and out transactions.
Location of Child Care Provided
- Please be aware that you must provide care at the location you entered on your Provider Agreement. Centers, schools, and family child day care homes have been approved at this location by the Office of State Fire Marshal and others as applies to the provider type. In-Home providers have conducted a specified inspection of that home and declared that it meets the requirements. Centers are also inspected by the Licensing Section to ensure that it is in compliance with health and safety regulations. It is your responsibility to inform DCFS Provider Directory Unit if you are no longer caring for children at the location you entered on your Provider Agreement. Failure to do so may result in disqualification from CCAP. POS Device
- The POS device may not be used at another location without approval from DCFS. Attempting to use the equipment at another location is also a violation of your current Provider Equipment Agreement and may result in loss of eligibility to participate in CCAP. You may be disqualified from receiving CCAP payments if you move the POS device from the designated location. Equipment Agreement
- DCFS will begin monitoring the provider usage of equipment to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Provider Equipment Agreement you signed. Section 2.5 of the agreement states "Provider agrees that it will at all times keep the Equipment in its sole possession and control". The Equipment shall not be moved from the Provider address(es) reflected on record with the State without prior authorization from State." Equipment issued for TOTS must remain at the location reflected on the licensing agreement and CCAP Provider Agreement. The equipment is NOT to be moved from this location. Exception: Only the mobile device used to record time and attendance for providers authorized to transport children may be off premises. Residence of Family Child Day Care Home (FCDCH) or In-Home Provider and Child
- A FCDCH or In-Home provider may not live at the same residence as a child for whom he/she is being paid by CCAP to provide care. A FCDCH or In-Home provider may not use the client's/child's residence address as a mailing address.
If you have any questions, email us at DSS.OFSProvider@la.gov
or call 1-800-LAHELP-U (1-888-524-3578)
DCFS - Child Development & Early Learning Section