Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
BATON ROUGE - The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) received approval late this afternoon from the federal Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) for an additional ZIP code in Iberia Parish impacted by recent floods to be added to the first phase of Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (DSNAP).
Beginning tomorrow (Friday, August 26), Iberia ZIP code 70544 may also apply for disaster food benefits. The Iberia DSNAP site is located at the South LA Community College, 908 Ember Dr., New Iberia and is open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Earlier today, Pointe Coupee ZIP codes 70715, 70732, 70747, and 70753 were also approved by FNS to be added to Phase One of DSNAP.
DSNAP locations for Phase One will be open until Saturday, August 27, and will continue to follow the staggered alphabet schedule of the first letter of their last name.
- Friday, August 26: A-K
- Saturday, August 27: L-Z
The following DSNAP locations are open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. until Saturday, August 27 (** denotes updated ZIP code):
- East Feliciana Parish ZIP Codes 70722, 70730, 70748, 70761, 70777, and 70791:
- Early Learning Center, 9414 Hwy 67 (Plank Road), Clinton
- Iberia Parish ZIP Codes 70518, 70528, 70544**, 70560, 70563, 70582, and 70592:
- South LA Community College, 908 Ember Dr., New Iberia
- Livingston Parish (all ZIP codes):
- Amvets Post 68, 26890 Hwy 42, Springfield
- Judson Baptist Church, 32470 Walker North, Walker
- Pointe Coupee Parish ZIP Codes 70715, 70732, 70747, 70749, 70753, 70755, 70756, 70757, 70760, 70762, and 70783:
- Pointe Coupee Multi-Use Facility, 1400 Major Parkway, New Roads
- St. Helena Parish (all ZIP codes):
- Greater Turner Chapel AME, 875 Turner Chapel Rd, Greensburg
- St. Landry Parish (all ZIP Codes):
- Southeast Community Center, 101 City Avenue, Eunice
- Yambilee Building, 1939 W Landry St., Opelousas
- Tangipahoa Parish (all ZIP Codes):
- Eagle Heights Community Church, 47318 Rufus Bankston Rd., Tickfaw
- Vermilion Parish (all ZIP Codes):
- First Baptist Church, 210 N. St. Charles, Abbeville
Residents are encouraged to pre-register for DSNAP online at www.dcfs.la.gov/preregister or by phone at 1-888-LAHELP-U (1-888-524-3578) before visiting a DSNAP location. Callers will select the appropriate language and then select options 3 and 3. All pre-registrants should provide the following information:
- Name, Social Security Number and Date of Birth for each household member
- Current address and parish of household
- Monthly income for each household member
- All liquid assets for each household member (cash on hand, checking, savings)
Pre-registration is only the first step in DSNAP application. It helps expedite the time spent at a DSNAP site, but is not an application for DSNAP.
Accommodations will be made for the elderly and those with disabilities to reduce on-site wait times, but we strongly encourage these residents to name an Authorized Representative to visit a DSNAP site and complete an application on their behalf.
Authorized Representatives must bring a picture ID and the picture ID of the applicant/head of household they represent. They will also need a signed statement from the applicant/head of household or an adult household member authorizing them as a representative who can apply on their household's behalf.
DSNAP is only for eligible residents in designated areas who have been impacted by the flood, but who are NOT receiving SNAP benefits. SNAP recipients should NOT visit a DSNAP site. For more information about DSNAP, visit www.dcfs.la.gov/dsnap.