New Hire Registry
Federal and state law requires all employers to report new/rehired employees within 20 days of hire.
federal and state requirements for new hire reporting
- All employers must report all new hires and rehires within 20 days.
- The New Hire Report must contain, at a minimum, the name, address, occupation, and social security number of the employee; and the name, address, and federal employer identification number of the employer. It is important that this information be accurate and legible.
- Phone 888-223-1461 (2 or less)
- FAX 888-223-1462
- Mail - Send information to
Louisiana New Hire Reporting
P. O. Box 142513
Austin, TX 78714-2513
- Diskette - Mail to above address
- Cartridge - Mail to above address
Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act
The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA) was signed into federal law on August 22, 1996. This legislation, a much strengthened child support enforcement program, benefits children and families by locating non-custodial parents, establishing paternity when necessary, and establishing and enforcing child support orders.The PRWORA Legislation requires all states report information about newly hired/rehired employees in a timely manner. Act 97 of the 1997 Louisiana Legislative Session requires Louisiana employers to report all new hires to the Louisiana Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS), Child Support Enforcement.