Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
LAHelpU Customer Service Center - Hours of Operation
The DCFS LAHelpU Customer Service Center is working extended hours to better serve you.
To contact the LAHelpU Customer Service Center:
- Call 1-888-LA-Help-U (1-888-524-3578)
- Email LAHelpU.DCFS@la.gov
|Hours of Operation|
|Monday - Friday||7:00 am — 7:30 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am — Noon|
What You Need to Know Before Visiting a DCFS Office
DCFS offices will reopen to the public Friday, May 15, 2020, with a 25% capacity restriction, including office lobbies. This is in an effort to continue to mitigate further spread of the coronavirus and maintain safety for visitors and staff.
Visitors to DCFS offices should be prepared to answer some screening questions and have their temperature checked at the door, to wear a mask or face covering at all times while in the building, and to be asked to return at a later date if showing any symptoms of COVID-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus. Visitors also should be prepared to wait outside the office, while maintaining the recommended 6 feet of social distancing between people, or in their vehicles if the office’s capacity has already been reached.
To reduce potential wait times, DCFS encourages clients and applicants to continue to access services electronically or by phone whenever possible, as follows:
- To report child abuse, call Louisiana’s child abuse hotline at 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437), or for mandatory reporters, visit dcfs.la.gov/mandatedreporters.
- To access SNAP, FITAP, KCSP or Child Support, apply online via the CAFÉ Self-Service Portal (dcfs.la.gov/cafe) or get information about the services online at www.dcfs.la.gov/page/family-support or by calling the LAHelpU Customer Service Center at 1-888-LA-HELP-U (1-888-524-3578).
- SNAP recipients and applicants can access frequently-asked questions at http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/page/snap-covid19-response-faqs
- Child support clients will find FAQs at http://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov/page/185