Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
BATON ROUGE -The Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) has created a disaster resource page that includes a news center, fact sheets, fliers and other downloadable information about the Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (DSNAP).
Examples of the FAQs included:
What is considered when calculating an applicant's DSNAP eligibility?
- Take-home pay that has been received or is expected to be received for the time period of Aug. 10 - Sept. 8, 2016.
- PLUS all available cash resources - cash on hand, checking and savings account balances.
- MINUS total dollar amount of money spent or expected to be spent on any disaster-related expense for the time period of Aug. 10 - Sept. 8, 2016.
What do I need to bring to the DSNAP site?
- A form of identification, plus the social security number(s), and date(s) of birth for each household member
- Address and proof of residency and as of Aug. 10, 2016
- Monthly income for each household member- If you have check stubs, you can bring those.
- All liquid assets for each household member (cash on hand, checking, savings) - If you have bank statements bring those.
- Amount of disaster-related expenses you incurred during the disaster period.
I cannot make it the day designated for my last name, what do I do?
- There are two days for each letter of the alphabet. If you cannot make either day, you may send an Authorized Representative to the DSNAP site on your behalf. Authorized Representatives must bring with them to the DSNAP site a picture ID and the picture ID of the applicant/head of household along with a signed statement from the applicant/head of household or an adult household member authorizing them as a representative and to make an application on their household's behalf.
Please continue to check www.dcfs.la.gov/Disaster. We will post updated documents and DCFS disaster resources as they become available.