The Executive Counsel:
- Provides the Department with a wide range of statutorily mandated and requested legal services such as advice and counsel, litigation, administrative hearings, policy and contract review, recoupment, legislation, Civil Service and personnel, and special projects.
- In all of these major areas, provides legal support services and counsel:
- To insure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- To minimize adverse actions against the agency and its programs and operations.
- To provide legal representation.
- To maximize recoupment of monies owed to the state.
- To provide advice and counsel regarding appropriate courses of action and the probable results of those actions.